Easy Homemade Waffle Recipe
This Homemade Waffle Recipe is made with simple ingredients and is light and crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside. They’re perfect every time!
This fluffy, crispy waffle recipe is best when covered in butter and real maple syrup and a side of bacon. They’re so good!
Belgian Waffle Recipe
Sundays are for sleeping in, drinking coffee at the kitchen table, and making a delicious breakfast from scratch! No need for a waffle mix when you have this recipe in under your belt!
One of our favorite meals to make on the weekend together as a family is this Homemade Waffle Recipe – they’re just as delicious as my Baked French Toast Casserole.
We love pulling out our Belgian Waffle Maker – the same one we received as a wedding gift years ago – and making a homemade waffle batter that promises to be the most amazing waffles from scratch you’ve ever had!
I grew up with my mom and dad using everyone’s favorite Bisquick waffle recipe . Bisquick has a wonderful flavor and always turns out amazing. But, I also like to make my pancakes and waffles batter from scratch whenever possible.
How To Make Homemade Waffles
This recipe is easy to make and uses everyday ingredients you most likely already have on hand in your pantry:
- flour – regular flour is best for this recipe
- melted butter – trust me. Melted butter gives this waffle recipe the most amazing taste and texture.
- baking powder – to make your waffles nice and fluffy.
- eggs – I like to use large, good quality eggs.
- sugar – Don’t leave this out.
- vanilla – Madagascar vanilla gives you the best flavor
- Preheat your waffle iron and spray with cooking spray or rub a little melted butter on.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients – flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with a mixer until light and fluffy and pale in color.
- Add the vanilla to the egg mixture.
- Mix the egg mixture into the dry mixture.
- Add the butter and milk into the mixture- blending until just smooth.
- Let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes before adding to the waffle iron.
- Pour onto hot iron and cook until golden brown.
- Serve topped with pure maple syrup and butter or your favorite fruit and whipped cream.
How to Keep Waffles Warm
- Set Oven to “warm” setting
To keep waffles warm while you’re whipping up more for your family, preheat your oven to the “warm” setting or lowest setting available.
- Place waffles right on the oven rack
Place the waffles right on the rack when you take them out of your waffle iron. The waffles will stay crispy and warm until you’re ready to enjoy!
Tips + Variations
Can you use a pancake recipe for waffles?
Waffles are made of a richer batter than pancakes, with an additional egg and oil. In fact, most pancake mixes offer directions for creating waffles out of the mix if you decide to go that route!
How do you make waffle batter from scratch?
It’s easy! By mixing flour , butter , baking powder , eggs , sugar , and vanilla together, you can have a delicious homemade waffle batter recipe from scratch in no time! Just follow the recipe below to learn more!
What is the difference between a waffle and a Belgian waffle?
The texture is also lighter and crispier. To make a Belgian waffle, you need a waffle iron with a deeper, larger grid pattern. Most Belgian waffle recipes are yeast-based, to get that crispy texture. But you also can use a waffle batter that uses beaten egg whites for lightness like this one!
How thick should waffle batter be?
How do you make waffles crispy?
Pour the batter into a preheated waffle maker that has been sprayed with cooking spray and cook for about 3-4 minutes – check and see if they are done to your liking, if not cook a little longer. If the waffles don’t get crispy enough in your waffle iron, place them on a rack set on a baking sheet (or it can be the rack in the oven if it’s clean) and bake in a 250F oven for another 5-10 minutes, until crisp.
How do you keep waffles crispy?
Can You Freeze Waffles?
YES! You can freeze waffles in ziplock freezer bags and pull them out as needed throughout the week. All you need to do to reheat waffles is to pop them in the oven, microwave or even the toaster! This is the perfect make-ahead homemade waffle recipe from scratch!